Sunday, November 1, 2009

I CANT WAIT FOR THE 2010 OLYMPICS! YESH!!!

There was an anti-olympics protest in Victoria, BC a few days ago and although I didn't attend, (only because I know how taser-happy the cops are over here), it sure got me thinking.
For the same reason I am apathetic towards hockey games, the Rugby 7's and American/English football, I've always been "bleh" towards the Olympics. I could never see why certain people got uber-excited about it, but I am sure they are the same people who froth at the mouth, veins popping on their foreheads, over a good ol' fuzzball game on the telly and a round of BIER. Not to say there aren't good things about the Olympics. Yes, they are patriotic (which can be good or bad, possible topic of another blog) Yes, they might strengthen the economy (although the more I read the more I doubt this). Yesh they have cute little furry stuffed animal mascots that I can purchase and add to my collection. Okay...so basically I think theres nothing good about them.

Next.

The Government has possibly spent 6 BILLION dollars on the Olympics. YESH. 6 billion dollars. For 3 weeks of sporting events. OMG YESH!

To top that off the list of official sponsors for the 2010 Olympics is officially scary. Take a look: http://www.vancouver2010.com/more-2010-information/about-vanoc/sponsors-and-partners/vancouver-2010-sponsors/

McDonalds
Nike
General Motors
ICBC
Petro Canada
Air Canada
BC Hydro

Multi-national corporations that don't give a shit about YOU, only about $$$ at the expense of YOUR HEALTH and the environment.

Please PLEASE PLEASE do a bit of reading about the Olympics and their history and decide for yourself.

Interesting videos and info:

http://www.thefiveringcircus.com/
http://www.bmartin.cc/pubs/96freedom.html

google the rest yourself you lazy bums!

No comments:

Post a Comment