Tuesday, October 20, 2009

The Absolute BEST Way to get rid of a Urinary Tract Infection

I used to get recurrent urinary tract infections ALL THE TIME from God knows what. It would get so bad that I was starting to develop antibiotic resistance and it was painful. Maybe I wasn't wiping properly. Or maybe I'm just a dirty person. It could be a result of not wearing underwear for the longest time. Or maybe I was starting to get pre-diabetes from all that candy I ate. Anyway, I found the cure for me. Believe me, I was skeptical at first, but I had tried EVERYTHING. Cranberry juice, D-Mannose capsules, eating alkaline forming foods only - no sugar, starch or meat. Basically a raw vegetable diet - in an effort to starve out the bacteria in my bladder (apparently they thrive on sugar/acidic environments.) Then when that didn't work, I tried doing the opposite by OD-ing on Vitamin C. (apparently they also like alkaline environments) And of course all of this along with litres and litres of water.
NOTHING WORKED and researching it was confusing. I mean, do the bacteria like alkaline or acidic environments??? I even tried tinctures and those homeopathic remedies where you suck on those tiny little sugar balls. I think I went through 5 little vials before I realized it was getting worse.

Finally as an absolute last resort, I dropped into this Ayurvedic clinic in my 'hood. I was a total skeptic and I'm sure it was written all over my face. The assistant at the counter was a soft spoken, slender blonde chick and she listened carefully to my whining before showing me a package of Gokshura.
"Take this" she said "it will be gone in a few days. Just boil up some water and put a few teaspoons in, wait a few minutes for the powder to settle then drink all the liquid at the top."
"Its gonna be gone." I kinda smirked "just like that huh?"
"I'm pretty sure" she told me, "I used to have them all the time too, for your body type this should work. You are probably mostly vata, thats what I am, but you can book an appointment with our doctor to confirm.
"Thats okay. What is this stuff anyway?"
"Its just a plant, dried and ground up."
"Okaay" I took the packet and left. It sounded like voo-doo-hickey to me but I figured I might as well try it since nothing else was working. I really didn't want to start another course of antibiotics the doctor had given me.

So I went home, made a tea out of it and sweetened it with some honey. It didn't taste too bad. Kind of flowery. I got better in 2 days after about 5 big mugs. I went from having blood in my urine to feeling completely fine. That was almost a year and a half ago and I have not had any UTI's since. I think thats pretty amazing and I just want to share that with people so they don't have to take antibiotics.

No comments:

Post a Comment