Sunday, June 13, 2010

Gerald Celente - mercury (mind) in scorpio (covert information) conjunct Jupiter (expansiveness, luck)

Yesterday, I was googling market crash and predictions, and I came across something interesting. Everyone has been talking about how the market has made a comeback. I am in the process of selling a piece of property and the realtor goes on and on about how the real estate market has recovered because recession is over blah blah. I was not entirely convinced. So anyway, intrigued by Gerald's thoughts, I investigated his astrological chart. Gerald Celente, trends forecaster. According to Wikipedia:

"Gerald Celente is an American trend forecaster,[1][2] publisher of the Trends Journal, business consultant[3] and author who makes predictions about the global financial markets and other events of historical importance. Celente has described himself as a "political atheist" and "citizen of the world."[4] He has appeared as a guest on television news shows such as The Oprah Winfrey Show, The Today Show, Good Morning America, CBS Morning News, The Glenn Beck Show and NBC Nightly News.[5][6]"

Since I did not have an accurate birth time for most of the horoscopes I check out, I can only go with the aspects and the "planets in signs".

Before I looked up his horoscope, I watched about 10 video clips of Gerald and noticed that his ideas were surprisingly similar to another guy, Conrad Schmidt, founder of the work less party. The way he communicated also reminded me of my father, who has mercury in scorpio. What I notice most about people with mercury in scorpio is that they are keenly perceptive and notice everything others miss. I myself have this aspect and since I was a kid I always ALWAYS saw things that my friends didn't see. It was sort of like being in the wrong place at the wrong time. Turning my head at the "wrong moment" to catch a glimpse of something others just missed. Hearing things that others slept through. Usually things of a darker nature. When my mother fell down the stairs and twisted her spine leading her to abort her unborn baby, who was the only one that heard her cry in the middle of the night and went to investigate? me.
Who found out she was cheating on my father? me. Who found out he was cheating on her? me! It's not that I was trying to find out. It would probably be better that I shouldn't have known. I was only about 7 or 8. both my brothers remained blissfully unaware, caught up in their own little worlds - perfectly normal. Its almost as if there is something about the universe that allows people with mercury in scorpio to "catch things". "Something" compels me to turn my head. "something" gives me the feeling that I am being observed. "Circumstances" happen which lead me to be at a particular place at a particular time so that I can learn another nefarious secret.

Anyway, my father was always dead on when it came to predicting the end of movies he had never watched. He was pretty perceptive and noticed many things. However, the difference is that his mercury in scorpio did not have the best aspects which left him with the dark side of mercury, obsessive, tyrannical, insecure, and overly pessimistic.
Not all people with mercury in scorpio are clever, smart or ingenious. They can be paranoid and full of fear if the aspects in the chart show this. This is something obvious to me when I started delving into astrology. There is no "good" or "bad" sign. Its like cooking, or chemistry. Sometimes when you mix all your favorite ingredients up, the end product doesn't turn out so great. Other times you experiment with different ingredients that taste kinda "blah" separately, you end up with something delicious.

When people tell me they planned their child on a certain day so that he could be a "taurus" or a certain star sign. I think to myself...that doesn't guarantee that your child will not be the next Hitler. Its a combo of all the aspects that make a person. Its chemistry. Its unpredictable.

So back to this Gerald guy. I thought to myself. "This guy must have mercury in scorpio. Another thing about this placement is that the people are blunt, direct, to the point and don't mince their words. They tell it like it is and do not like to sugar coat things at all. I noticed this in one of the interviews where a female interviewer, clearly exasperated and shaken by all the "doom and gloom" he was predicting, exclaimed "DONT EXAGGERATE!!!"
People tell me that I am blunt too. I absolutely hate it when people sugar coat things. my mother was great at this. It is the insincerity I hate. Certain types of social etiquette makes me uneasy.

Back to Gerald. I checked his chart and what do you know. He has mercury conjunct jupiter both squared pluto. Better follow his advice.
Lets just analyze this for a minute replacing the planets with what they are often associated with: mercury (mind) in scorpio (covert information) conjunct Jupiter (expansiveness, luck) square pluto (power, revolt).

1. His thoughts are deep and lucky (merc, scorp, jup)
2. His ideas are researched , expansive and revolutionary (merc, scorp, jup)
3. His mind is powerful and rich with secret knowledge (merc, pluto, jup, scorp)
4. He is capable of profuse penetrating insights.(jup, scorp/pluto/merc)

etc etc.
The thing is, for me, without even hearing about Gerald, or Conrad, or any of these "doomsday predictors", I could already feel it coming. I already have made preparations. I have already felt unease and tension.
my mercury closely conjunct uranus allows me to jump to these conclusions without as much of a logical, or linear process to it. It makes me feel that i just "know". Then when I read current trends in the news or listen to Gerald or Conrad , it makes perfect sense what they are saying, no surprises for me. Everyone else seems shocked. I am not able to verbalize the thoughts as well and I tend to ramble like a madman but the conclusion is the same. And I think they are both right.

Conrad Schmidt also has mercury conjunct jupiter. Another great thing about these aspects is that it makes the mind expansive and the natives are able to see "the big picture" in a very real sense. They are able to connect the dots in a way that others cannot without major effort. Its tunnel vision vs 360 degree vision. If we got the average guy (tunnel vision) to read a newspaper every day (which is how Gerald claims he gets his forecasts) for 40 years, he would not be able to piece together the whole puzzle. Lots of people read the newspaper every day for their whole lives. How many of them can accurately forecast future events? Few, which proves the point that it is more that just a skill Gerald has, it is an innate talent. An innate gift. And that can't be explained. Why do some of us have this gift and not others? It is indicated in his natal chart. Chance?

I love it when I meet people with this aspect. They are usually great teachers as well and are generous and happy to share their gifts. Its great. <3
Conrad Schmidt and Gerald Celente are mentally in tune. They may not know each other, but the ideas coming from both is the same. They both have mercury conjunct jupiter, one of the best aspects for the mind. What more is there to say?

peace

No comments:

Post a Comment